Welcome to DigiSlidz
YOur one stop shop for saving images from slides, negatives, prints, Video tapes and movies image Restoration a specialty
Preserving your heritage
By converting old technologies to digital formats.
Recent samples of our work
- Are your memories fading, then chances are so are you photos, slides and negatives. Also your precious videos, (yes the Wedding one and others as well) are deteriorating.
- DigiSlidz has been established to provide a superior affordable and personal slide, negative and photograph scanning service.
- We take pride in our work and each photo, slide or negative is individually scanned, none of our work is bulk processed.
- The services we offer are:
- Scanning of photos, slides and negatives
- Samples of our work in video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czz7qLXn2ys
- Restoration of damaged photos, slides or negatives please note we do not repair the original we only work on the digital image.
- Copying of personal VHS videos to DVD or USB.
- Copying of personal audio cassettes to CD.
- Copying of 8 mm and Super 8 movies to digital
- If you would like more details please contact us on 04 233 1091 or use the inquiry form.
Good reasons why you need to scan your slides, negatives and photos
Disaster preparednessScanning and saving to CD or DVD media can provide a compact storage solution. Make more than one copy and distribute to relatives. The more copies that exist the more likely your pictures will survive any disaster. Scanned images that are stored on digital media can be stored at different locations.
Preserve image quality before the original deterioratesThe longer your 35mm slides, negatives and photos sit around, the more likely they are to suffer serious degradation from fading, scratches, loss, or damage. If you have a 35mm slide, negative or photo that is rapidly fading, scan it now before you lose too much quality. We can scan with highest resolution and color depth possible and restore the picture. Plan for migrating the images every few years to a new format or media.
Reduce handling of original photos and 35mm slides and negatives to prevent wear and tearThis is a significant factor for museums and photographic archives, but should not be overlooked in family photograph collections. Repeated handling of photographs can easily rub-off penciled captions, for example. 35mm slides and negatives are even more susceptible to damage from fingerprints and moulds from oils on your fingers.
Make your images available for printing by future generationsAs long as a CD or DVD exists and is readable then future family generations can print out the photos at the same quality as they were scanned.
Do you have a lovely old family photo that has been loved so much it has become damaged or faded?
We can help you with all of the above.